Sow a little happiness and help the environment with this new A5 bumblebee greeting card. This card will provide a lasting and loving memory to any recipient.
Whether you have a window box, allotment or large garden, planting bee-friendly flowers can help boost your local bumblebee population. In return, they will dutifully pollinate our flowers, crops, fruits and vegetables.
No matter what size garden you have, you can do your bit for bumblebees by planting at least two kinds of bee-friendly ﬂower for every flowering period. Bee-friendly flowers are rich in pollen and nectar which bees can easily access throughout the year.
The best habitats for bumblebees are those that offer plenty of ﬂowers to feed on during the entire active phase of the bees’ life cycle (from March until October). This will ensure that there is a good supply of pollen at all of the crucial times:
When the queens are establishing nests
When nests are growing
When nests are producing new queens and males
When queens are fattening up ready for hibernation
- A5 greeting card containing a pack of Bumblebee flower seed mixture which can be sown by the recipient of the card. Full sowing instructions on inside of card. Card comes with Yellow envelope with the message on the reverse Sow our seeds, Save your Bees and is packaged in a biodegradable cello wrapper. All component parts of this product are compostable, including the glassine seed bag inside. All components are from sustainable sources and UK produced.
- Card qualifies for normal first class postage.
- Illustration by David Thelwell
- Seeds supplied by Bright Seeds
- Bumblebees have been in decline over recent years and are hugely important to our environment, this card is aimed at spreading the message and at the same time actively helping bumblebee populations in the UK.
- Seed mixture suitable for sowing April to July